We are so excited to see you all again and we are taking health and safety precautions above and beyond what is required by local mandates. Below are a few things we have changed for your safety and the safety of our staff & musicians. (changes which will take place in June are noted in orange):
- Capacity Limit: 45 person capacity limit for each show. (increasing to 58 starting in June)
- Room Cleaning Before Shows: Between shows we will be clearing the room of all patrons and doing a full sanitization before the next show so you can be assured the area you sit at is safe and clean.
- Masks: Masks covering nose and mouth are required at all times for everyone except for when eating, drinking or for musicians performing on stage.
- Plexiglass: We have put in place movable Plexiglass barriers to encompass the stage and for each seat at the bar. (removing and replacing with smaller movable Plexi in front of vocalists and wind instruments starting in June)
- Temperature Checks: All Rudy's employees, staff and band members will have their temperatures checked and not allowed to work unless they are well.
- Ultraviolet sanitizing lights: Ultraviolet sanitizing lights have been installed in our HVAC system as well as a number of Germ Guardian True HEPA filter ultraviolet light air purifiers placed throughout the room and in each bathroom.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand sanitizing stations are placed throughout the space.
- Active Cleaning: Staff will be actively cleaning surfaces throughout the night and between shows.
- Fogging: Prior to opening each night we will be manually fogging the stage and entire front of house area with Vital Oxide. Vital Oxide is an extremely safe non-toxic disinfectant approved by the EPA for use against SARS-CoV-2 and meets the EPA's emerging pathogen requirements for viruses. Vital Oxide has a very effective and safe reputation and has been used in many industries from hospitals to theaters, gyms, restaurants, schools, during Anthrax attacks, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and to purify drinking water. Vital Oxide is non-irritating to skin, non-corrosive to most treated articles, NSF-certified (no rinse required) for food-contact surfaces and is approved for use in commercial or residential kitchens to control bacteria, viruses, and mold without the need to wash/rinse the area with water after Vital Oxide is applied. (for more info go to vitaloxide.com)
- Haze Machine: We will be running a standard atmospheric haze machine at a low level with standard water-based Propylene Glycol haze fluid during shows to help potentially reduce the risk of covid-19. While the EPA has not officially legally approved common haze fluid for anti-viral use, according to the Alliance of Special Effects & Pyrotechnic Operators (AEPO) and peer-reviewed medical journal studies, haze machines using common water-based Propylene Glycol quickly inactivate viruses and have confirmed viruses stronger than Covid can be reduced by 99% in one minute of exposure. (for more info go to asepo.org/FogSafety)
- Stage Equipment Cleaning: Between bands all equipment on stage will be fogged with Vital Oxide and/or wiped down and sanitized with another cleaning product known to kill covid-19.
- Social Distancing: All tables are 6 feet apart from one another and we ask everyone to maintain social distancing (6 feet) between yourself and anyone other than family members or people you are cohabitating with. Seats and tables have been strategically placed to maintain social distancing. We are not allowing the moving of tables or rearrange chairs by customers. (Modifying starting in June to a socially distanced section in the back of the room and a non-socially distanced section in the front of the room near the stage)
For information on our seating arrangements and buying tickets for shows please see our show seating information page.
We ask everyone to be cognizant of others and respect that not everyone has the same comfort level with things. If ever there is any question or concern about your safety please do not hesitate to ask for the manager on duty and let them know your concerns so we can do our best to address them.